The Business Transition Coach Forum™ (BTC)
The Business Transition Coach Forum™ (BTC) facilitates regular peer learning sessions with business owners, who run non-competing businesses. This forum is unique in it has a primary objective: To help each member prepare effectively for the successful sale or transition of his/her business.
One on One Coaching
Many entrepreneurs would prefer the added confidentiality and advice enabled by individual coaching. Using a combination of the same structured program materials provided in the Forum and a customized approach to allow for the unique needs of the business owner, one on one coaching provides a powerful approach to transition you and your business.
- Increase your profitability now.
- Leverage and maximize the financial return on your business when you sell.
- Create wealth for you and your family.
- Provide security for your employees.
- Make better decisions.
- Keep your options open.
- Sleep better at night.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- There will be a tsunami of businesses sold in the next 5-10 years.
- Hundreds of thousands of business owners are thinking about retiring but most don’t have a plan. Those with a plan will have the advantage.
- Not being prepared – and having to sell – could cost you as much as 100% or more of your final business value. Some businesses are in that situation right now. For example, think of an auto-parts manufacturer who had received an offer to buy in April 2008 and turned it down because they weren’t ready.
- If you are thinking about selling your business in the next 5 years, you need to start now. Especially if the business still needs you personally to be successful.
- To sell for the most value, a business needs to run at peak performance for at least two or three years before it is sold.
- We provide a roadmap with a start and end point with milestones that track your progress, including more profits along the way.
MOVING FORWARD WITH ACTIONS
BTC members gather regularly to learn a new aspect of transitioning their business, share their experiences, make better executive decisions, and resolve challenges in moving towards their goals.
Because each person is there with a common purpose and is open to feedback and learning, the discussion is brutally honest but caring.
The learning component takes the mystery and fear out of selling your business. Entrepreneurs are very effective when they know what to do.
The topics are important but even more critical, is the regular discipline of setting specific goals towards preparing your business for transition, being accountable to your peers and sharing valuable experiences along the way.
The Business Owner’s Success Strategy (BOSS)
Table Of Contents
FOCUS ON YOU
- The Business Transition Crisis
- Get Your Life On A Roll (GYLOAR™)
- The Positive Power of GAPs
FOCUS ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE BUSINESS
- Get Out Of The Weeds
- Effective Delegation
- Transition Means Change
FOCUS ON YOUR BUSINESS
- Choose Your Best Option
- Get Your Business Ready
- Succession Planning & Your Org Chart
POLISH YOUR BUSINESS
- Lead And Leverage Your Team
- Success Is A Process
- Set Them Free And Take A Sabbatical
THE TRANSITION TOOLBOX
- Confidential Business Information
- Module Overview Flowchart
- Which Way Do You Want to Go?
- Past, Present And Future – Decision Process
- Daily Scorecard Instructions
- Due Diligence Checklist